|What's better than Chocolate? More chocolate! Go ahead, be decadent. Click on the logo and check out all the great chocolaty chocolate blogs.|
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup strong coffee
6 ounces of good dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon rum (optional)
6 egg yokes
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer
3. Remove from heat and add coffee, chocolate and rum. Stir until chocolate is melted
4. Whisk together egg yokes and sugar. Slowly whisk into chocolate cream mixture
5. Pour into six custard cups and cover each with foil. Place the cups into a baking dish and add enough hot water to cover halfway up the cups.
6. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until just beginning to set.
7. Take the cups from the water, remove the foil and put them into the refrigerator for two hours to finish setting. (Note: you can make them in advance. Just leave them in the fridge for several days)
8. Garnish with fresh whip cream and a few chocolate shavings before serving.