In the interest of better late than never, I'm going to take up the challenge and answer the eleven questions posted by Claire Marriot
1. Describe your favorite item of clothing.
Tough one to start out on. I love my jeans, the old pair that have been washed a thousand times and are soft as a blankie. I used to have two pair like this. Alas, the other pair was washed to thread.
2. What was the last thing you saw in the theater?
The Artist. Who knew a silent movie could be entertaining? Uggi the dog should win an Oscar for best supporting actor.
3. Write an inscription for your headstone
Nothing like spending a dreary day indoors thinking about headstone inscriptions.
How about: No one's here. If you need to reach me, try the beach. I'll be there at sunset.
4. If you created a brand of cheese, what would it be.
Cheesy cheese. What good is cheese if it isn't cheesy?
5. Morning, noon or night?
Mostly night with an occasional morning. Noon not so much.
6. Name one thing you are too scared to do
I'm not a fan of heights. So it's a tie between sky diving and bungee jumping.
7. If you could inhabit any fictional world, what would it be?
Isn't that what writers do, inhabit fictional worlds? I like the worlds I create because I created them. :) Otherwise, I like going where the book I'm reading takes me. I'm not sure I'd want to inhabit any of them permanently though. Maybe the hundred acre woods. I could hang out with pooh bear and friends.
8. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Enjoy it when it comes by and don't fret when it doesn't. As Harry Chapin once sang: "It's got to be the going, not the getting there, that's good."
9. In your dream house, what would your favorite room look like?
Plushy sink- your- feet- into- it carpet. A huge French door overlooking a downward slope to a lake or a pond. Make that two French doors.
10. Who or what makes you howl with laughter?
Lots of stuff. That's just the trouble. I love the quirky- last week a friend told me about a place that had the world's largest frying pan and I'm thinking yeah, I've got to go there.
11. Make me a cocktail and tell me what's in it.
Mmmm, cocktail.... How about coconut milk, strawberries, some Godiva chocolate liqueur and rum? Excuse me, I've got to go try this....
That's my eleven. As it's late in the game, I'm not going to tag anyone else. But you can check out Claire Marriot's eleven and see who else answered her challenge here.